June Favourites

June Favorites...


Winter makes my work so much harder to keep the "snakey skin" away. It more than doubles the attention it needs. And then I'm not even mentioning the amount of products I have to get extra. Lips need extra lip balm, cuticles need extra oils and creams, the body is not satisfied with the normal quick show of the lotion bottle. Hell lotion is not even enough anymore. Bring on the body butters and bath oils and the treatments.

I am sure that moisturising is up top on the to-do-list together with keep warm and remember to put the electric blanket on some time before going to bed at night. Have you ever climbed into bed without realising it was never switched on? To me the coldness of the bed can sometimes feel like its wet.

Well lets get to this month's favorites.





Mango sugar Body Scrub...

This scrub absolutely smells like its name. It is very refreshing and I am so thankful to the girls from All Dolled up for mentioning this. I went out and bought it the very next day as I was in the market for a good exfoliator. 

You can get this from The Body Shop or some of the Clicks outlets. They are in the region of R130 but is worth every cent. If you are familiar with The Body Shop products, you will know that there is a whole range of different flavours and I am sure that everyone will find a flavour they will fall in love with.

When applying this you get the lovely fruity smell and as the granuals dissolve and your skin is left moist and soft as this an oil-based scrub. It contains loads of exfoliating salt grains and organic sugar according to The Body Shop website. Other ingredients are mango seed and soy oil. 
http://www.thebodyshop-usa.com/bath-body-care/bath-body-top-rated/mango-body-scrub.aspx


Palmer’s Coconut Milk Formula


The tub in this photograph is empty. I had to urgently get to a shop to repurchase this. For some or other reason I am flying through tubs of this body butter. Oh wait, its winter! This body butter is so creamy and moisturising, though I will have to admit that it takes some motivation to wait while the cream obsorbes into the skin. It really does not take that long, but every second counts before you can jump into some nice and warm clothes and start the daily job of warming up your body.

You can find this at most grocery stores in the skin care aisle and is about R50. It has natural Coconut oil & Pure coconut milk. You can smell a hint of coconut throughout most of the day but this will not overpower any perfume you use.



Uriage Bariederm Lip Balm


When we moved to Cape Town in 2012 my aunt introduced this balm to me as my lips were terribly chapped. I am so thankful to her and I own several tubes of these balms. I'm sure every lip balm addict has a go-to balm and I am convinced that there is a tube in the handbag, one next to the bed, one at your office desk and another close by. Cause this is the case for my lip balm. To me it is the holy grail of all lip balms. According to their website the combination of two polymers this product has a triple effect. 

1. Acts as an isolation which prevents further damage. 
2. Has a deep healing action which restores damage and cracked lips. 
3. It has a soothing action for instant relieve from chapped lips.

I have literally put some of this on before I went to bed and when I woke up the next morning I could still feel that there was some left on my lips. It is fragrance free and has a hypoallergenic formula.

Most Pharmacies and some of the larger Clicks outlets stock this at about R90. I know that some of you are going "WHAT" but I do not mind the price as I bought three tubes back in 2012 and I think up to date I only had to replace one tube. The saying "a little goes a long way" most certainly apply to this product.



Gosh Velvet Touch Lipstick - No 122 Nougat


This lipstick has been my go to lipstick other than my NYX lip butter mentioned in my previous post. It is such a natural colour but just give enough "uhmp" to a look. Its not nude but as I am very fair its very difficult to get a proper nude colour that will not me look washed out. If you have any suggestions - please feel free to give me some suggestions as I am desperately looking for the perfect nude lipstick. 

 It does have a shiny finish and has SPF 6 which is always a bonus! You can find this at Edgars or red Square at R110.

Well this concludes the June Favorites.

If you have any suggestions, please feel free to leave a comment or suggestion.

Love ya
Melanie

Labels: , , , , , , , ,