August Faves 2014


Another month has come and gone. I cannot believe that there is only 4 months left of this year. August has been a very stressful and busy month and so will September and October. :-(
But there is nothing like a good product to provide you with that "lift me up" feeling to get up and get on. These products were my absolute favorites this month.


Real Techniques Buffing Brush

This was a life saver this month. It blends foundation beautiful and is quick and easy to use. It does not streak the foundation or make it blotchy. It smooths and even it out perfectly with a perfect application every time. I will never have a use for another brush to apply foundation other than this one. Now please do not get angry as this is not a brush that is available in South Africa but when buying it online from I-Herb (like I did) you can be rest assured that they ship to South Africa as well. The other problem is that this brush is only available in a set but it is sooo worth the price

Available Online from I-Herb @ $18 for the set (+/- R200)


Labello Lip Butter

This is the best thing since sliced bread!!! The formula is amazing and it is so hydrating to the lips. This butter contains Hydra IQ, Shea butter and almond oil. There are 4 flavors in the range.
Original, Rasberry Rosé, Vanilla & Macadamia and Caramel Cream. I have not seen the last one in South Africa though. I want to say that this is very similar to the Nivea lip butter if not the same. This lip butter heals chapped lips and keeps the lips moisturised for a long period of time. After my skincare routine I apply a good amount of this and when I wake up the next morning there is still a bit left on my lips. I will most definitely buy this baby again.

Available from pharmacies, Clicks, Dis-chem @ R29.95


Nivea Refreshing Soft Moisturising Cream

This is such an easy every day, all day cream. I have a tub at the office and a tub next to my bed. It contains Jojoba oil to help nourish the skin and vitamine E to help protect the skin. I use this on my hands and my arms and all places I feel need a bit of love and care. It absorbs quickly and does not feel greasy at all. It smells fresh and clean like you have just stepped out of the shower.

The 200ml tub retails for R32.95 at Clicks or Dis-chem and most grocery store.


Batiste Dry Shampoo

I have to admit the smell of this is not my favorite but it is not bad at all. Luckily it does not linger the whole day. I have very thin and fine hair like I have said before. From a young age I had to wash my hair everyday otherwise it will look greasy and not appealing at all. I have tried different things over the years to try and wash every second day but sooner than later I will end up washing my hair everyday again. This not only provide my "thine" hair with a bit of body but it also takes away the greasiness at the roots that allow me to not have to wash my hair everyday. I am now on every second day almost every third day. This allows the hair to produce it's own naturals oils. Whereas when you wash everyday those natural oils gets washed away and your body over produce leaving your hair oily sooner. Thank you Batiste ;-)

Available from Clicks @ R65.95 


Essie - Allure

What I love about this color is that it is neither a winter nor a summer color - it's neutral. I wore this most of this month. To get the color reflecting opaque I had to put on three coats. The consistency is very easy to use and to build. I have to admit that when I bought this color I took the wrong bottle - it was very disappointing but, after it sitting in my nail polish box for what seems forever, I thought I would give it another go. Good thinking. It is my new favorite color.

Available at Edgars, Dis-Chem, Clicks range form R110 to R130


Elf Matte Lip Color & Smooch Stick Latte Limbo from Rubybox

This has been my go-to lip combo this month. Very natural and it goes with any eye make-up look. As this was such a busy and stressful month it did not matter how my eye make-up looked I had my lip combo in my handbag. The elf lip color is matte and lasts long topped with the glossy Latte Limbo from Rubybox makes it moist and just bring that extra touch of color.

Elf I got from I-Herb @ $3 (more or less R32)
Latte Limbo from Rubybox @ R129.95

What was your favorite products this month? Leave a comment below and let me know.

Love ya
Melanie

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,