A bag full of Lip Balms up for Review



Dry Lips! If you say it slow enough it can bring me close to tears and give me nightmares. I have  whole drawer full of lip balms and I am still on the hunt for the perfect one. Then I will also have to add that I am not the best at remembering to apply them. If the balm does not stare me in the face I will keep on forgetting to apply any lip balm. In this post I will be reviewing the two I am currently testing.


Maybeline Baby Lips - Dr Rescue

This is the lip balm I keep on my desk at the office right next to my phone and my computer screen. I can not over look this balm even if I try to. This way I am forcing myself to apply lip balm. 

I think the packaging is catchy and easy on the eyes. The soft pastels colors drew me to this tube more then the rest of the range. I think the Dr Rescue also made me choose thus balm rather than another from the range. I have experienced that with these type of tubes the cap gets worn out and pop off easily.

When you open the balm you get a strong smell of eucalyptus. It's not unpleasant at all, but I have to remind myself time after time that I chose this balm for a reason and the smell was clearly not the reason. The smell does fade away rather quickly and I find that I have to re-apply every 30 mins. The eucalyptus does cause a bit of tingling especially on those super dry areas, but this sensation also fades quite quickly.

I was looking for a tinted balm to use at the office since some lipsticks fades so quickly and I really need some moisture on my lips during the day. The Baby Lips does leave a slight tint once it fades and the color is a nice subtle pink but the problem I have is that it does not stay within my lips area. I have to check every now and again to clean up on the outside of my lip area as the balm stick is too big for my lips. This is the only downside I find to this balm

All in all I like the Baby Lips balm and would recommend this to someone with dry lips.


Oh So Heavenly Bubble Balm in Vanilla Cupcake

This bubble is right next to my bed. This one I have to remind myself more often to apply than the Baby Lips, as it does not stare me right in the face. I have to admit though that I find this bubble to be extremely moisturising and it smell delicious.

The domed shape make for an interesting but effective application, we will chat again when I get  deeper into the product. My lips feel moisutised and soft it feels smooth on the lips. The packaging is sturdy and you hear a click when you close the cap. 

The thing I like most about this balm is that I apply it at night before I go to sleep and when I wake up the next morning my lips still feel moisturised and I still feel the balm on my lips. Well done Oh So Heavenly!

This to me looks like a replica of the Eos Lip balm, but I am so happy with the results that I achieve when using this balm that I would not consider using the Eos. I love how this balm makes my lips feel, thus I will definitely repurchase this balm.

What balms would you recommend I try out next? Let me know by leaving a comment below.

Love ya
Melanie  

Labels: , , , , ,