Current Favorite Lipsticks


Lipstick can transform your makeup look from "meh" to awesome. Today there is so many colors, finishes and brands that it can be very overwhelming. In this blog post I will share with you my current favorite lippies. 




Red Lippies

I have a very pale skin and when I wear a red lip it really makes a statement. These three are very similar but I love them all for different reasons.

Ruby Box Smooch Stick in Red My Mind - This is such a smooth lipstick. It does not really smell like anything and it also does not last through eating or drinking. I do not mind having to re-apply from time to time. The problem I have is that it is not a twist up, you have to sharpen it. I feel that you loose some of the product when doing this.

MAC in Opera - A classic MAC lippie. It has the distinct smell of vanilla and is matte. It lasts a good time but if you want to wear it the whole day you will have to top up every now and again.

Woolworths Long Lasting Lips in Red - A beautiful red with blue undertones. It is not 100% matte. I want to say it has got a very slight smell of coconut. It's not drying on the lips at all. In fact, it is very comfortable.




Nude Lippies

A nude lip is always a good option. It’s a safe option and can also compliment a bold eye. I always have one of the following lippies in my handbag.
Elf matte lip color in natural - Elf will be available in SA soon - or so it was said - I bought my lippie from Iherb and I am very happy I did. This lippie is a true matte and last quite some time without feeling uncomfortable. This formula is a winner. And the name - Natural is so true.

Gosh Velvet Touch lipstick in Nougat - This is a lipstick that will need multiple applications during the day but it is so worth it. It’s soft on the lips, smells like vanilla I think and is the perfect color. A Brown-pink nude can be paired with so many looks.

MAC in Syrup - This is a Luster lipstick and it is so easy to apply, you wouldn't even need a mirror. This baby has got a glossy finish and is super comfortable on the lips. 9 Out of 10 times this is the lippie that I will carry with me in my handbag. It is just the right amount of pink and nude in one tube.

Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm in Sultry - This range has got a very strong minty smell. The pigmentation is on point and this deep color is awesome for winter wear. It is long lasting and comfortable on the lips. I love the whole range but today this one made my favorite list.




Gloss / Cream / Balm

These babies are some odd ones. I love them for their formulas and definitely want to get me some more.

NYX Butter Gloss in Strawberry Parfait - I do not like lip gloss at all, I have never been a fan but these are awesome. These butter glosses isn’t sticky at all and they are nourishing. When the gloss disappears from you lips, they do not feel dry or parched but rather moisturised. I highly recommend this gloss and I most certainly want to get myself some more.

Victoria Jackson Lip Balm - I got this from a friend a while ago and I can not find this anywhere any more. It's so soft on the lips and so comfortable with a slight tint. If you know where I can find more of this product please let me know in the comments below.

NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Antwerp - I love this formula. It’s something between a gloss and a matte lipstick. You apply it like a gloss and then it soon dries down to a matte finish. It does not flake and it does not feel uncomfortable. This is awesome. ** Reminder to myself - get some more.

What is your favorite lippies? Let me know by leaving a comment below.

Love ya
Melanie

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,