April Haul 2016


There is a lot of new product launches at the moment. Most of the haul consist of Essence and Catrice products - they really have a lot of exciting new products that launched in April. The best part is that their line will not break the bank, so I can test more than one or two of the products of the line. There is still a couple of items that is on my shopping list that I could not get my hands on, but I will be persistent and I am sure I will find them.

I have to admit, I'm loving the color shading in this photo. Clearly I chose all the reds and pinks from each range - my favorite!




Catrice Eye'Matic Eyepowder Pen

This product is very trendy at the moment. The product is located in the cap and the sponge tip applicator dip into the product when the cap is closed. This is awesome for people on the go or for travel as you do not need an additional brush to apply the product. There is six shades in this range and I chose a pretty pale pink shade. I was thinking maybe this can double up as a cheek highlighter. I am looking forward to play with this pen.


  

Essence Beauty Balm Lipgloss in 03 Flirtylisious

This lipgloss is infused with Shea butter and Vitamin E. Not only is your lips cared for and do they feel moisturized, but they will have that all important shine as well. There is four shades in the range. A nude, a light pink, a dark fuchsia pink and a lovely red. The payoff is quite strong, I did not expect that, but was pleasantly surprised. On my hand the gloss felt sticky but on the lips it feels comfortable and not sticky at all. I hope this wears well cause then I will be getting the rest of the colors as well.


Essence 2 in 1 Eyeshadow and Liner in 05 - I'm Blue

I have got high hopes for this pencil. Off the bat there is two draw backs for me. 1. The cap - it is one of those that will come of very easily and in a makeup bag that can create a big mess!. 2. The product blends into almost nothingness. With that said I am looking forward to try and use it as a base, a liner and an eyeshadow. A product like this is also good for traveling (minus the fear of the cap coming off in your bag) because it can be used for more than one function. The range has got 6 shades that vary from light to dark with different finishes.



Essence Mosaic Blush - 40 The Berry Connection

I spotted a picture of these mosaic blushes a while back on Instagram and I immediately regramed it. It was love at first sight. I only got my hands on one of the two shades that I was looking for but I will surely be on the lookout for the other one. I think the multi color in the blush will allow for a multi dimensional blush color. This is almost too beautiful to use but I am looking forward dipping my brush into this blush, swirl it around and then apply it to my cheeks. 



Catrice Blush Artist Shading Palette - 030 Rocking 'n' Rose

What a beautiful palette. The corally shade on the left is the most pigmented (bearing in mind I have only swatched it on my hand). On my pale skin I think this palette will look wonders and it excites me only looking at it. The way I see this, you can use them individually or all together.  The color on the right can be used as a subtle highlighter or as a blush topper. All in all I am excited to play with this palette and put it through the test.


Essence Velvet Stick in 03 - Luminous Rosewood & 04 Cherry Crash

These velvet sticks are my new obsession. They are so creamy and easy to apply and the colors are such everyday colors. There are 5 glossy sticks and 5 Matt sticks. They swatched evenly and creamy and felt very comfortable. Only down side is that you will have to sharpen the pencils / sticks. Been looking forward to get my hands on these. 


Catrice Prime and Fine Beautifying Primer

This primer arrived just in time for winter. I think the illumination will help to make my skin look full of life and not so dull as winter is extremely drying on my skin. The product smells like a body lotion but feels thick, although it is easy to spread. Here is to wishing for less dry patches and a healthy looking skin in the winter.


 

Lancome Juicy Shaker in Mangoes Wild.

Recently Coffee break with Dany spoke about these juicy shakers and she was sooooo excited that she actually got me excited. I just had to go out and get some to try. Each one has got their own clever and catchy name and they smell like a different fruit. They are filled with lots of good oils to protect and nourish the lips. I got this with the mindset of using a tinted oil rather then lip balm to keep my lips from not getting chapped this winter. This item was really a splurge and I hope that it will be worth it. Will do an in depth review in the near future.

These are all the things I got recently, what did you get this month that is making you excited? Tell me about it in the comments below.

Love ya
Melanie

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,