Mommy's Melktert


My mom loved entertaining and hosting friends and family. This recipe in an old family favorite and everyone loves it. I am so spoiled that I do not like any other melktert, it is THAT good! The filling is smooth and rich but not overly sweet. It sets perfect with a slight wobble when cut and plated. My favorite is to mix tennis biscuits and butter for the crust, but this recipe also have its own special crust (something for a next post)

In this post I will share with you the recipe and one other way to plate it. In the picture above I have made mini melkterts as I prepared them for a friends birthday at the office and a whole tart will be too small. Getting pre-made "cups" will help to make a whole lot of small melkterts.

Filling Recipe ;-

6 cups of milk
6 eggs
4tbs flour
1 cup sugar
1ts salt
2tbs cornflour
4tbs butter
Cinnamon 

Method;-


In the picture above I added some of the mixture to some glass jars that make it look real fancy and one can serve this as dessert. This recipe can be made fancy by plating it in different ways or it can be served in the traditional way as a slice of goodness.

What is your favorite at the moment? Tell me by leaving a comment below.

Love ya
Melanie

Labels: ,