Elizabeth Arden Gift with purchase


Please tell me that I am not the only one looking for one or two items and return home with enough items to create a whole entire post dedicated to those items. Ai-ja-jai! Let's face it, I love beauty shopping and I love testing and trying new products, and gift with purchase is the best way to test more products. Let' get into the goodies I got.


Skin Illuminating Smoothing Cleanser

They say : This gently foaming cleanser with enzymatic micro-beds instantly removes dead surface cells and evens skin tone. Melts into skin to effectively cleanse and purify. Skin looks instantly brighter, more even-toned and glowing. 

I say : Gentle foaming is spot on. The consistency is almost like a gel when you squeeze it out the tube and then once you start working it into the skin it foams up ever so slightly. The micro-beads is so tiny I can not really even feel them, so do no worry bout this product aggravating or irritating your skin because of the beads. My skin do feel soft and smooth after washing it and applying moisturiser. I have not noticed any mayor difference in my skin tone or it looking glowing but some people have been asking what I am using, so I guess that part is true as well.

This is a good product, but I feel it is letting me hang out there. After I have removed my makeup but still need to battle the last bit against the waterproof mascara or gel liner that is left, I feel that I can not get too close to my eyes s this makes it sting, and my previous cleanser did not (check out this post to see what my last cleanser was).

The cleanser smells fresh and clean and works well on the rest of my face, just not my eyes. I like it just not sure I love it and not sure if I will repurchase as this retails for R320. Its a bit steep for a product that you are not 100% happy with.



Eye Shadow - Shimmering Copper 13

This is a stunning color, yes its brown, but do not call it "just another brown eyeshadow". Its giving me life! The name is extremely fitting and describe the color to the T. I love to use this by its own and a little liner with mascara, or you can glam it up and create a smokey eye and pop this on the center of the lid to create a focus point. I am considering getting a back up before this gets discontinued. I always have bad luck, as soon as I get product I love this much, it gets discontinued. It is stunning stunning stunning!!!


Flawless Finish Foundation in Beige 13 

I am not going to say too much bout this foundation as I have a full review that will go live next week. Spoiler alert - I love it! It feels luxurious and works well for my skin. Enough said. Keep your eyes peeled for next week's post and come visit again.


I was in the market for a new foundation and cleanser and this gift with purchase was just enough to make me stop by the Elizabeth Arden counter. They are so clever with these deluxe samples size. It is just enough to rope you in and if you like it you will need the full size. In fact I'm considering getting three of the items in the full size.


Beautiful Colour Moisturising Lipstick in - 02 Red Door Red

This is a blue based red and perfect for my super fair skin. The texture is super creamy and opaque and as red as you will find. It has a vanilla scent and is just gorgeous. The packing is not as luxurious as the permanent range, but it is still sturdy and the black bullet makes me think of another brand. I love this and was stoked to have received this.


Ceramide Capsules - Daily Youth Restoring Serum

Pure, Potent, intensive single dose capsules is how they describe these. These capsules  has got restorative power from Ceramides and essential liquids to help strengthen the skin's barrier against visible signs of time. I have not incorporated these into my skincare routine, but I think they are perfect for the colder weather of winter. 


Eight Hour Cream

This is a cult favorite, I to be honest I can not attest to the it's greatness cause I can not get past the smell. I have tried it on my lips and it felt like it will do a good job, but it did not last long before I wiped it off. I then tried it on my cuticles thinking that at least I wont taste it, but I smelled it the whole time. I want to like this but not yet sure.   


Beautiful Color Lash Enhancing Mascara

Like I said on Instagram when I was testing this product on the #testblock series, the more I use it, the more I like it. It separates the lashes beautiful, no transfer, flaking or smudging. I might just pick up a full size. I find it extremely black and stays all day but does not put up a huge fight when it is time to remove it at the end of the day.


Untold

This is  grown-up sophisticated scent. I find that the blend between floral, spice and fruit are just right,. One sniff makes me think its a floral scent, the next make me think its more spicy, other times I think the fruit is dominant. The top notes are Black Current, Bergamot, Pink Pepper and pear. The floral scent comes in on the middle notes, Gardenia, Peony and Jasmine. I want to get the biggest bottle I can find. I love it <3




Ceramide Lift and Firm

This is the third items I want to get a full size. It has got SPF 30 and it smells lovely. After applying it my skin thanks over and over. I can really see a diffidence when I use this cream. I enjoy deluxe size samples as I can really test it and tell if it will work for me or not.

All these deluxe samples came in the most prettiest bag. These gift with purchase always draws me in, did you also spot the sale and if so how are you enjoying you products? 

Love ya
Melanie

Labels: , , , , , , ,