July faves 2016


Only 5 months till Christmas!!! We are at the end of July and these are the products that I have been loving this month. 


Catrice Prime and Fine Beautifying Primer

I highly recommend this primer, and this is why.
Number one, this primer is super mositurising, not to the point were you can substitute your day cream with this, but just enough to give that extra help during the winter - as hoped in this post.
Number two, the micro pearlised pigments allow for a slightly reflective and flawless look, this means it blurs fine lines. I have mentioned it previously in this post.
Number three, because of the extra moisture, it assist the foundation to go on smoother, not cling to dry patches as much and to last a bit longer. This primer is really not that expensive and performs quite well. If you are looking for a pore filling primer, this is not your friend.

You can find this at Dis-Chem for R92.95



Clinique Cheek Pop in 03 Berry Pop

Is the design not just darling! In the pan this blush look extremely pink, but it transfers as a very subtle pink on the cheeks. Normally I do not like extremely pink blushes like this but I want to say it has a deep pink color when applied with a light hand. The blush feels soft and does not kick up lot of powder. A little goes along way unless you are going for the "clown" look.

You can find this at Edgars, Red Square, Foschini and Truworths at R350.   


Morphe single shadow in Addiction

When I bought my Makeup Geek shadows from a SA Importer there was a tiny glitch and I was sent this shadow to make up for the glitch. I am so thankful for this shadow, she is just gorgeous. This shadow is highly pigmented, long lasting and so shiny - maybe a foiled type of shadow. Unfortunately you can not buy this in a SA store yet but if you can get your hands on these I sooooo recommend it. I am already planning my next Morphe purchase.

Please let me know in the comments below if you would like to see a post on my Makeup Geek shadows. Which ones I got, how they perform and what I think of them.


MAC Powerpoint Eye Pencil in Stubborn Brown

This is a matte long wearing, non smudging, -budging eye pencil. It glides on easily and add richness to any look. Stubborn Brown is a deep brown and perfect for winter or any smoke eye. It sits well in the waterline an last a good amount of time before is dissapear. I enjoy the formula of these pencils a lot.

They are available from MAC or MAC online or some MAC counters in selected department stores @ R215.


Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm in Sultry

If you have never tried one of these Colorburst chubby sticks, you are seriously missing out. This specific one glides on the lips, is highly pigmented, perfect color for winter and smells minty. It also has a twist up at the bottom, so you are not loosing product or battling to sharpen this chubby stick. I think this color is perfect for any winter or night time look and this month it was a staple in my makeup bag.

You can find this at any Revlon counter in Click, Dischem, Edgars and many more for R155.


Johnson's Baby Cologne in Joy

You might be thinking "now what are you using that for?" This is such an amazing product. I have a spray bottle that I pour this in and use it in multiple ways. You can use this a body spray, or to freshen up during the day. I sometimes use it as a room spray or very light handed sometimes use it as a pillow spray. It's so inexpensive and has multiple ways you can use this.

Pick N Pay, Checkers, Clicks, Dis-Chem and these type of stores stock this @ around R30


Guerlain La Petite Robe Noire

When I smell this I want to say it's spicy but that is not really true. It's a weird combination because the top notes are almost all flowers but it does not really smell like your typical floral scent. To me it makes me feel deep, dark and sensual. I think this is more fitted for winter rather than the hotter months cause I feel it is a bit heavier than normal perfumes. I absolutely love it,  but use is very sparingly.

I found my perfume at Woolworths @ around R950 for 50 ml.


Cadbury 5 Star

This is a new chocolate I saw on the shelves and just had to try it, being the chocoholic I am. Now if you do not like overly sweet sweets, this might not tickle your fancy. The inside chocolate is a different type of chocolate I feel with biscuits in the middle. Then it has a sticky and deeply sweet caramel around the log and is dipped in a layer of milk chocolate to top it all off. I can have one each night after dinner if you do not stop me. I find them delicious, and just enough of an indulgence. 

They are about just under R10

What was the items that you favored this month? Let me know in the comments below.

Love ya
Melanie 

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,