Review : Clinique Pop Lip Colour


I love red and pink lipsticks, I always pick those two colors from any range. This time I wanted it to be different but sorry to disappoint, I picked a pink and a lighter pink. I know, get a life, try something new! This is just my comfort zone, especially if you pay a bit more... 


They say : Luxurious yet weightless formula merges bold, saturated color with a smoothing primer. Glides on effortlessly to a modern-velvet finish. Color stays true, keeps lips comfortably moisturized for 8 hours. Allergy tested. 100% Fragrance free.

Packaging :  Sleek and gorgeous is the fist words that come to mind when I look at the packaging. The silver lids make the tube look sophisticated and fuss free, they also fit very snugly and that relaxes me cause I know it will not come off in my bag and create chaos. The brand name that is embossed on the side of the lid is clever and done elegant. The other aspect I enjoy is the square that the tube is set in, it does not waste space when put away in my collection.

Application : When I apply these lippies the are opaque in one swipe. The color just glides on effortlessly as per the claim and I do not find it to be patchy or difficult to work with. The bullet is a standard size and shape.

Staying power : Clinique claims that this lipstick keeps your lips moisturized for up to 8 hours. I am not so sure about this as I feel the color only last about 4 - 5 hours with light snacking. I can concur that my lips does not feel dry at all while wearing this lipstick and the darker pink can sometimes leave a slight stain.

Formula : The formula is great! It's highly pigmented, bold, smooth and moisturizing. It truly is fragrance free and for people who are sensitive to fragrance this will be a huge benefit. On my lips this lipstick isn't matte but it's also not glossy. I will say it has got a nice sheen to it that provides that healthy look.  


Feeling : I have said so many times in this review that this lipstick is moisturizing, but it really is just so comfortable on the lips and pigmented without being drying. It does not last all day, but it last a decent amount of time. I feel comfortable and confident wearing these lippies.

Color Range : The color range is awesome. There are 18 colors in the range and I feel that they are more on the natural / neutral side with the exception of 3 or 4 colors. Neutrals is my jam and I feel comfortable in them, but the dark pink is gorgeous and make me feel girly.

Where to find : Clinique is rather easy to find. Most Edgars, Foschini, Truworths, Stuttefords, Red Square carries this brand, you can also find it on their online store here.

Pricing : Now this is what all of you have been waiting for, right. Take a deep breath... This lippie retails for R275. Yes, it is a bit expensive but the quality is amazing, just like the rest of the Clinique range. I believe it is worth every cent.

Have you tried these lipsticks before? What did you think of them and do you agree with my review. Let me know in the comments below.

Love ya
Melanie

Labels: , , , , , , ,