Review : NYX Ultra Pearl Mania


Have you ever went to Click for something mundane like cotton rounds or vitamins and then only to walk out with a bag full of makeup. Getting these was one of those times but I am so glad I did get them. Pigments is not something you would typically find in my collection. I stay clear from them as they usually are such a mess and I am klutz prone and the combination spells out disaster. But I got them anyway and this will be my review. 


Packaging : This gorgeous pigment comes in a plastic tub with the black lid that screws on tightly. Normally I would say that no pigment should go without a sifter, but the neck of the tub is the perfect size for one of my brushes. This brush allows me to tap on the product rather than to brush it on thus intensifying the color payoff. I find these tiny tubs to be quite durable and easy to access. The other fact the is great is that it is see through so you can easily grab your favorite color.

Application : Like with any pigments fallout is your biggest fear and yes, if you put too much on our brush you will experience fallout. But like I said in the previous point, the neck is the perfect size for my brush  to fit in and pick up enough product to cover my whole lid. I would also imagine that using your finger to apply this would work great. Tip - Remember to tap this gently on the lid rather than to sweep it over your eyelid, this will also prevent some fallout and pack on as much color as possible.

Staying power : I have mentioned in many previous posts that I have oily lids and in this particular post I mentioned I have found the best combo. The Essence 2 in 1 Eye shadow and the NYX pigments go hand in hand like peanut butter and jam. Wearing it this way makes is stay all day and I'm sure if I sleep in it, it will still look gorgeous the next day (please do not try this, or at least try it at your own risk). If I do not apply a sticky base first, the pigment will disappear in an instant.


Formula & Feeling : It's a loose pigment so beware it can cause mayhem  in a blink of an eye. I did however notice that the pigment feels a bit like a wet formula, not to the touch but rather the way the product want to clump together. A very interesting appearance. On the eyes it feel light and a little bit goes a very log way. You can layer a second layer if needed but I found that the color is quite opaque and distributes evenly without being patchy. It's a very finely milled powder and when bumped over it will get in EVERYWHERE so do take care when applying this. I speak from experience, like I said in the beginning of the post - klutz prone -.

Color Range : I am not sure how many colors there are in the range as NYX is busy to revamp most of the products and packaging. On NYX's international website they show the new packaging for their pigments and there is 24 shades, not sure if it all will make its way to South African shores.

Where to find : As far as I know Clicks is the only retailer that sells NYX. Please correct me in the comments below if I am wrong. And like I said they are in the process of revamping and re-branding.

Pricing : This is super affordable at only R50 a tub and there is no way I will use this all in a year or even two.

If you have tried this, please let me know what were your experience and what colors you have.

Love ya
Melanie 

Labels: , , , , , ,