Haul : April 2017


On this Wednesday we celebrate fake Friday. Who of you guys are working Friday? I unfortunately drew the short straw and will be working until home time this coming Friday. At least tomorrow is a public holiday and we can all catch up on some blogging, tv episodes or some housework. If the latter is on your to-do-list them maybe this post will cheer you up.



The Body Shop Camomile Sumptuous Cleansing Butter

I have been wanting to get this for EVER and recently when TBS had a 3 for 2 sale I jumped at the opportunity to test some of their skincare. I would like to put it to the test and then compare it to my trusty old Clinique take off the day cleansing balm. It has got the most beautiful fresh and clean smell (in my mind that just make my face feel cleaner) and the packaging is nice and sturdy. I look forward to using this product. 


MAC Lip Scrubtious in Candied Nectar

This was another item that was featured in Good Housekeeping Magazine, the April issue, and I am so happy I picked this up. The name is 100% fitting cause it smells exactly like peaches and its stunning. The formula is nice and oily but with a decent amount of grittiness to it. I am planing on doing a full review on this product and in a future post, maybe do a "vs" post and put it up against the Lush sugar scrub. 


Essence Lights of Orient Bronzer in 01 Sunkissed Beauty

I was literally stalking the Essence website for this trend edition and I did a whole giveaway when it came out. But from the whole collection this is the only item I got for myself. To me it looks like the perfect bronzer / contour shade and then the middle shimmery part is just life. Its nothing over the top and seems to be just enough. As this is a limited edition I will not be doing a full review, cause by the time I have tested and formed some decent opinions, I doubt that you will still be able to get hold of this, but I might let you know on social media what I think of it.


The Body Shop Vitamin C Glow-Revealing Liquid Peel

I have seen this all over YouTube and generally the gurus seem to like and recommend this product, so naturally I had to test it for myself. This seems to be everybody's favorite and to me it definitely smells citrus-ey but it also reminds me of cough syrup (just ever so slightly). But I  will not judge this product by its smell alone, we will put it to the test and then judge it by its performance. Cause if that is good, who cares how it smells? ( I am tempted to get the Drops if Light peel as well and put them up against each other) Note to self - find out what the difference is between this and the drops off Light peel...


The Body Shop Camomile Waterproof Eye & Lip Makeup Remover

If you are like me and you hang onto every word the ladies from Dolled Up is saying and writing, you would have either already tried the Camomile makeup remover (in the pump bottle, not this one) or it is on your "to-get" list. Now my intention was to get that one that Julia always raves about, but because I really wanted to try the cleansing balm I opted for the waterproof formula. The reason for this is that the one Julia raves about and the balm is essential the same product in two different formulas. But it is still on my list to try and get back to you guys, so in the comments below let me know if you would like me to do a review of only this product or eventually of the full range?



Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Miracle Hydrating Mist

This mist was launched towards the end of March, but I could only get my hands on it the second week of April. I have a combination to oily skin type and this will be very interesting to see how it performs when combined with makeup and incorporated in my skin care routine. I will do a full review soon and tell you guys all about the deeds.


Elizabeth Arden White Tea 

Elizabeth Arden has been putting out stunning products lately and these two new launches just proof how on trend the brand is. The last couple of fragrances that they brought out was truly unique, I can honestly say that its a scent on its own. I am trying to reference this one to a scent I know but nothing comes to mind. It smells light and fresh and earthy and the bottle is just gorgeous. Come visit my Instagram for a peek or visit an Elizabeth Arden counter to try this perfume out.


Lentheric I heart Musk / Flowers

Lentheric recently came out with a new range of fragrances, both in body mist as well as a perfume. There are 4 scent in the range, a I heart Vanilla / Candy / Musk / Flowers. I picked up the body mist in the I heart Candy / Flowers scents and featured them in my Beauty edit post here, where each month I choose a few products from the page and do short reviews on them. I enjoyed the scents so much that I actually later on also picked up two of the perfumes. They do not last exceptionally long, but they are affordable enough that you can use them multiple times a day. I think these will be great as part of a gift parcel. They are on the sweeter side, but they are funky and light weight. Nothing too dramatic.


The Body Shop Matte Lip Liquid

Now I have spotted these on the TBS Facebook page and my heart instantly fell in love. When I stopped there the first time they did not have shades that I was comfortable wearing. It was okay cause when I went back, not only did they have a huge selection, they also had a 3 for 2 sale. I picked up a dusty rose shade, a red and a light pink shade. These look awesome and I have high hopes for them.

These were all the goodies I got in the month of April. Please leave me a link to your haul or let me know in the comments below what you picked up this month to test out.

Love ya
Melanie

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,