Unboxing : Boxycharm July 2017


Hi guys, it is Boxycharm time and this month was a rather good month. I get my box delivered at my office and every time it drops I get so distracted from work. There is no way that a box can be on my desk without being opened - even though I know almost exactly what is inside, its just impossible. Each box if valued at over $100 and oh my word, wait until you see next month's box, there is a Tarte palette in there. If you want to sign up, feel free to use my link and we both will each earn Charm points to shop with in the Charm shop. My friend Simone from An Ordinary Gal is also unboxing her box today, so please go and see what she got in her box here.


Electric Eyes Palette by Blinc - $45

 
I have never heard of this brand before, but after this box all the Charmers will know and love this brand. The eyeshadows are buttery smooth and pigmented like no other I have in my collection. The girls from Eleventh Gorgeous could almost do 4 sets of finger swatches with one swipe. Its really an amazing palette when it comes to quality. The colors on the other hand is a bit tricky, but then again there was some people on the Boxycharm's website that created the most stunning eye looks using this palette.



Bare Minerals Invisible Light Palette - $32 

 
I was so excited when the spoiler indicated that we would receive either the SPF or this palette from Bare Minerals. Secretly I was hoping of the palette, but just to get some Bare Minerals was already reason enough for my excitement. Needless to say, I got the palette and its simply gorgeous. The matte powder is silky smooth and creates a beautiful matte but not flat look. The glow powder is very natural. You can set your full face with the powder, but being a combination skin type I would not dare to even think of that. I use it for a subtle highlight or on top of my Temptu highlighter that we got in the May Box


Ofra Body Illuminizer - $40

 
I am so pale that I am almost see through, yet this product does not really excite me much. Then again, I also have not tried it yet. This is what they have to say about the product on the Ofra website
 
 
The first ever Body Illuminizer body lotion that will stay all day long. This innovative all-over body lotion provides a gorgeous glowing coverage for your body reducing the appearance of imperfections such as veins, pigmentation, cellulite and stretch marks. Another innovative formula manufactured by OFRA Cosmetic Laboratories that provides healthy, glowing, younger looking skin instantly. This product is not a self-tan item.
 
I do not know, I have made peace with my extra pale skin and I wear jeans most of the time. Maybe this will make an awesome gift to a friend or maybe a sneaky giveaway sometime...
 

ColourPop Ultra Matte Lip in Notion- $6

 
I have tried the Ultra Matte lippies before and they aren't bad, but they are also not the first lippie I think of when you throw around words like holy grail. In saying that, this is a beautiful rich and deep color. I use two or three dots and move it around with a lip brush, that is how pigmented this lippie is. I used it this past weekend when we were out and about and toned it down with another lipstick. The combo lasted a good 5 hours and looked stunning, even after eating and drinking. ColourPop is an awesome brand and their pressed shadows are sublime, keep in mind that they do ship to South Africa.



Winky Lux Uni-brow Brow Pencil - $12
 
 
I have a similar brow pencil by another brand and I adore that pencil. They look very similar in color and in texture and I am sure I will get loads of use out of this product. This is not for everyone, especially if you are looking for those "Instagram Brows". I find that this pencil is more to add some color to the brows and some fullness. One can create the most beautiful full but natural brows with this pencil, and the best part is that is does not slippy slide on your face, or the color gets displaced when you touch your brows. It just goes lighter and lighter. 
 
 
This was a good box, but still no patch on next months box. Can you tell I am super excited?
This box accumulated to $135 which is almost R1800. It's incredible value for money. The box cost $21 monthly which is around R280 and then you use Aramex to ship it to South Africa, with FNB you get to pay only R120 courier fees. This makes the box around R400 per month.

 
Let me know in the comments below which is your favorite South African subscription box.
 
Love ya
Melanie

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,