Favorites : October 2016


Like I said in my previous post, I have been on leave for a few weeks and now it is back to the hustle and bustle of a busy city life. Switching feeding the deer and guinea fowls in the mornings after going for a swim, for getting up early to beat the traffic. These products were my saving grace on my holiday, read further to find out why.


Gosh Kohl Black Liner

Makeup was really on the down-low during my holiday. The days that I did need or want to wear some this liner and a few other bits and pieces was all I wore. I enjoyed this liner as it glides on easily, does not transfer much and its easy to remove at the end of the day. I enjoy the twist up because then no sharpener is needed.  


Elizabeth Arden Grand Endurance Mascara

What a joy to use this mascara. Not only is the size travel friendly but the formula is pretty great. The wand is another topic I want to rave about. The curve made it easy to use (maybe not so much on the inner corners, but those are always hard to get to) and the different size bristles made sure that every lash got a good coat of mascara. No huss, no fuss mascara, exactly what I needed.


Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream Sun Defense for Face SPF 50

If a burglar broke into my house he can take the TV and even the stereo, but please do not touch my sun screen. Now in Limpopo it hit the 30 degrees mark before I was even awake properly, so sunscreen was the first thing I reached for every morning, even before saying good morning to my husband. The formula plays well with my foundation (the very few days I wore a bit of BB cream) and it did an outstanding job. Usually I look like lobster material on like day two or three but not with this. I even wear it regularly now that we are back in Cape Town and summer is here. I highly recommend this! 


Nivea Protect & Refresh 50

Let me paint you a picture. Our Heavenly father must have polished me while sitting in front of the TV, watching 7de Laan before he sent me to earth, cause I'm super white, almost invisible white. That means I only think of the sun and then I get sun burned, but this was my secret weapon. Hubby had to spray this everywhere EVERYTIME I left the chalet and I came back home not even a shade darker than what I was before going on holiday. Let it be noted, I do not tan, I get sunburned! So I will take this win :-) 


Essence Winter Wonderful Blusher

What a gorgeous blusher, and like in my previous post  I said that I really did not need another blusher, but this was so worth it. Breaking all the rules! There is pink and brown and champagne in it, what more would you want from the perfect blusher? It's not too pigmented yet pigmented enough. It not too powdery but blend like a dream. If you can still spot this in store, I suggest you grab it! If you have to put up a fight to get the last one on the shelf, I promise you it will be worth it. Needless to say I love this blusher.


Oh so Heavenly lip bubble in Strawberry kisses

Unfortunately mine came broken in the packaging but it is so good that I make a plan to use it. My lips feel moisturized and kissable when I use his balm. It's very inexpensive but works like a dream.


Estee Lauder Revitalizing Supreme +

This is just a deluxe sample size or something, it is not the full size and if you lift the lid you will find that it is almost finished and with that the end of reason for my existence. I will babysit, walk dogs, do what ever it takes to get my hands on a full size of this cream. My skin thanked me for using it! It's rich and thick and so moisturising on the skin and it sinks into the skin so quickly. You are not left feeling like an oil slick after using this, but rather hydrated and the smell is just gorgeous. 

These were my faves for the month of October. What made you get through the month?

Love ya
Melanie 

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,